Many different people lived in the three-story building at 167-169 Boundary Street. Built in 1938 when an airport was opened on the beach near the walled city, it was first used as a Police Station with housing for British officers upstairs. The Japanese used it as a headquarters during their occupation. It was leased several groups, then finally to a Mission group. It was torn down in 1999, and replaced by a 10-storey one when a new airport was opened and the height restriction was canceled. Four novellas tell about the people who lived in the apartments, their hopes, dreams, fears, and lessons learned.